Try as one might to maintain the health and strength of the teeth, almost everyone will be in need of restorative dental treatment as some point in time. The teeth will become weaker or worn down over time, even if they are not compromised by tooth decay. Fortunately, a weak or damaged tooth can be easily restored so that patients can maintain a strong, healthy, and beautiful smile. One of the most frequently used dental restorations includes dental crowns, which fit over a damaged tooth to add a layer of strength and protection. Dr. Sharon Mateja frequently relies on porcelain crowns to give patients the restorative treatment they need to maintain an attractive and fully functioning smile. For many Rancho Cucamonga patients, the numerous porcelain crown benefits make this a dental treatment of choice.
It is always Dr. Mateja’s first priority to provide patients with dental care that will help to maintain or restore a healthy oral environment. Good oral health is a necessity for strong teeth that function without pain or difficulty. Porcelain crowns deliver when it comes to the restoration of oral health. Below are some of the health benefits that porcelain crowns offer to our patients:
- Porcelain crown treatment eliminates weak, damaged tooth enamel that poses a threat to the health of adjacent teeth
- Porcelain crowns protect the teeth and create a barrier that blocks out harmful bacteria
- Porcelain crowns fit closely and comfortably to improve a patient’s oral functions
- Porcelain crowns are free of metal and mercury and are a completely safe dental restoration
- Porcelain crowns are strong and durable and will protect the teeth for many years to come
- Porcelain crowns can be brushed, flossed, and cared for just as the natural teeth, so it is easy to maintain good oral health
While oral health is an obvious priority, Dr. Mateja does not believe that a patient should have to compromise the appearance of the smile in order to get the strong, healthy smile they deserve. Porcelain crowns allow patients to restore the health and function of their smile without sacrificing the appearance of their smile. In fact, thanks to the following aesthetic benefits of porcelain crowns, many patients actually enhance the beauty of their smile through porcelain crowns treatment:
- Porcelain crowns are custom matched to blend in seamlessly with adjacent teeth
- Porcelain crowns are stain resistant so they maintain their white color for many years
- Porcelain crowns hide cosmetic flaws such as chips, cracks, or tooth discoloration
- Porcelain crowns are semi-translucent so they react to light just as the natural teeth and do not stand out as artificial
If you have a tooth that has become weak or damaged and you are looking for a restoration that improves oral health while maintaining or enhancing the appearance of your smile, porcelain crowns are probably right for you. Contact us at your earliest convenience to learn more about the many benefits of porcelain crown treatment. Dr. Sharon Mateja looks forward to working with you.